Friday, January 18, 2008

Why can you never sleep when you really need to

Meg in Grammy Sherwoods 52 year old dress

Its 2:04 am and obviously I am awake. For those of you who don't know, and don't feel bad if you don't because it is not a big deal, I am having out patient surgery tomorrow. They are going to check to see if I do indeed have endometriosis by laparoscopy and also to remove some uterine polyps they think they see on a scan. Not a big deal, but of course I couldn't eat or drink after midnight...so of course I wake up at 1:30 thirsty as can be and technically I am not supposed to drink anything. Origionally I was told I would be having surgery around 8am and then a few hours later they called and said 12:15 which means I am going to be pretty hungry and thirsty by that point. Good thing we are used to fasting eh?

Also now I am sitting here worried about the best thing to do regarding my babysitter dilema. I have one on back up so Meg will be taken care of, but there was a little miscommunication some how with the first one...I am sure its my fault...and her mother felt bad and left me a message saying that she wouldn't leave me in the lurch and that she would watch Meg if needed. The only problem is this woman is a nurse and I would hate if she felt she has to miss a day of work to watch my little one because of my miscommunication with her daughter. She left a message on my phone at 10:30 pm but of course I was already asleep, so now I am wondering how early is too early to call...okay obviously 2 :18am is too early, but maybe 5:30 am would give her the chance to get to work. I don't know. Oh well. I guess it will all work out! Now back to sleep...maybe a glass of warm milk...oh snap! Never mind counting sheep then...it doesn't involve eating or drinking!


Well here's hoping I can fall back asleep for a few hours!!!

7 comments:

Marie said...

I wish I was there - I would certainly help watch your little cutie! You'll be in my prayers that your procedure will go smoothly and things will turn out well. Take care!!!

dixonfamily said...

Good luck today Aimee. We'll be praying for you. I love the dress that Meg is wearing in the picture.
I wish I could be there to help you today.

Erika said...

I hope the surgery goes well. I wish I lived closer and I could help you out.

Jake and Rachelle said...

I love the dress. I hope all goes well for you today.

Ashlie said...

Hope everything went well for you Aim! Love ya!

Sherwoods said...

Hope everything went well...with the surgery and the babysitter!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

I thought about you all day yesterday. I hope that everything went well. Give me a call when you feel up to it.

By the way, you're little girl is so beautiful. You guys make cute babies. ;)