Saturday, January 5, 2008

Home from the Holidays

Meg in her lamb costume. This has to be one of my all time favorite pictures of her, it's even better than the monkey.
Meg with Pete's grandma Olsen

Meg on her first Birthday. She blew out the candle all by herself...twice because we made her do it again after the first time to make sure it wasn't a fluke.


Our family picture for Christmas this year.

I can honestly say I was ready to come back to our little apartment after two weeks of visiting family and get back to "real" life, whatever that is. Megan had the stomach flu on our trip and lost the 2 lbs I was hoping to loose. Isn't that just the way life goes. Pete was suppossed to be heading for Gaum, but his trip got cancelled, so we are happy to have a little more family time.

On Friday I took Megan to the Dr for her 1 year check. Meg greeted the Dr by saying "Dok tor" which impressed the Doctor alot. Meg is in the 75% percentile for height...the Doctor said...So you know she's tall" and I almost fell down...how could a child of ours be tall? So though I was shocked I was also thrilled. Meg got a few immunizations which was anything but pleasant...but all told we survived and will only have to go back for more immunizations in 2-3 months.

Today Pete and Megan hung out at home and I went out Shopping all by myself! It was awesome! No crying, whinning, stopping, pouting, and no, I am not refering to Megan....those of you with anti-shopping husbands know what I mean. Bless Peter's heart he is a good sport when I have to drag him along, but he was grateful to stay home this Saturday too! I bought winter clothes for Meg for next year...as right now is sale heaven...and I had a wonderful, relaxing, quiet time doing it! I came home ready to be a better mom and wife. Retail therapy works!!








7 comments:

dixonfamily said...

Love the lamb costume! She is a doll!! I am so glad that you got to go shopping all by yourself. That must have been a treat! I love you guys and am so glad that you are doing well.

Cami said...

You guys are looking good! Wow, Megan has grown! Happy (although belated) 1st birthday.

Sherwoods said...

Your dress is super cute in your Christmas picture! I agree on the sale heaven, buy winter clothes right now, and on the shopping without children thing! Good luck settling into your new apartment!

Kathryn said...

cute pics of megan. I understand the shopping by yourself. Although, even when I am by myself I am never alone (the cell phone). Reminds me of that Michael McLean song - You're not alone. "When are you coming home, I think Pearce is going to cry, etc."

Jake and Rachelle said...

Oh the lamb costume is so cute! Happy Birthday Megan! Sales are so hard to pass up right now. There are so many good deals. I just wish the mall wasn't so far away. For me, shopping alone means ordering clothes online. I guess that works too huh?

Emily said...

YOUR HAIR!! Our hair is the same cut and length now...who knew that would happen? It's very cute. Sooo...when ya gonna visit me? huh? huh? huh?

Jayci said...

retail therapy; nice! I'm glad you had a nice time shopping! Those pictures are so cute; and I love the Christmas picture. You all look so nice!