Monday, January 7, 2008

My daughter the aspiring dentist

We are bad parents and have only recently started brushing Megs teeth. In our defense this is partly because we are lazy and partly because the child only has two teeth. The other day we bought her an Elmo tooth brush. She called him 'MO. However, since we started Meg wants to brush her teeth every time we go into "her" bathroom. She also cries when it is time to stop, but lets face it I have a few other things to do than stand in the bathroom and brush my 1 year olds teeth for hours on end. Even though her daddy always says, "oral hygiene is very important." Her front two teeth have finally started to peek through her gums...sadly a little late for Christmas. This morning Meg was playing with a pen, and Pete came and picked her up. She immediately took the pen and stuck it in his mouth while saying, "AAahhhhhhhhhh." We both started to laugh. Maybe she will follow in Pete's aunts footsteps and be a very successful dentist. It's funny what they pick up from a few attempts at teeth brushing.

Meg might make a better dentist than a doctor because the other day I asked her where her belly button was and she pointed to her nipple....hmmmm we will need to get all that anatomy confusion sorted out before she starts med school!

4 comments:

dixonfamily said...

That is hilarious! It is funny that in just a year or two teeth brushing won't be too fun anymore. I wish we lived closer. I'm sad that I miss out on all the fun things Megan is doing.
Keyan wanted to type his name:
keyan

Erika said...

Wow, at one she has already chosen her career path. I wish it had been that easy for me!

I love the lamb outfit - so cute.

Ryan will be back early next week. His trips are typically never longer than 10 days.

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

I'm seriously impressed. Abby has never been a huge fan of brushing her teeth, but for some reason she is really enjoying brushing her tongue lately. Don't ask... I love the pictures you've been putting up. Megan gets cuter with every picture.

Jayci said...

How funny! That story made my day. I guess that's the trick for kids to love brushing their teeth!