Sunday, January 20, 2008

Well I survived....and Megan did too!

Surgery went allright. I can't remember even some of the parts I was awake for thanks to an interesting drug called versed. It is mostly an amnesia drug with a little bit of pain killer, mostly you feel the pain, but seconds later you don't remember so you don't care. Interesting!

They found endometriosis, but for the most part were unable to remove it because it is all over some of my organs like carpet! The polyps they thought they saw via ultrsound were just uneven distribution of tissue and therefor not polyps. My only real complaint is that my belly button now looks deformed, but I am sure it will look better when it has had a little more time to heal.

The babysitter situation worked out beautifully. A big round of applause for the Kerby's!

And so now comes the recovery. Which I was really doing allright with until Megan decided that she was going to be sick and that her mommy was going to have to be up with her at nights. I am not suppossed to lift anything over 10 lbs for a while and so Pete has been having to handle a lot of it, but last night we kind of had to slpit it and he leaves to go out of town for 4 days on Tuesday morning and I have decided I can't do it by myself so Meg and I are flying home tonight to my parents. Pete is flying with us and will come back tomorrow morning. I feel like I am being a pansy, but I just don't think I can handlea sick toddler and recovery without a little live in help so we are off to Missouri tonight!! Thank goodness we have flight benefits still so it doesn't cost us anything to go home!

9 comments:

dixonfamily said...

Aimee, I am so sorry that Megan is sick. I'm glad that you get to go home, but sorry that everything has been such a hassle. Hopefully everyone feels better soon. I love ya!

Jake and Rachelle said...

I'm so glad you get to go home to recover. I hope Megan is feeling better soon. We need to plan some time to meet up with you while you are here (if you feel up to it).

Ashlie said...

Glad you made it home safe! Hope you're feeling better! Love ya!

Cami said...

Wow, that just sucks! I hope you are doing better and getting a little R&R back in Missouri. Thanks goodness for the airline benefits. I didn't realize that is were Pete is working now. We just recovered from the toddler illness. Hopefully the bug will pass quickly.
Get better. I don't like visiting a sick "zoo".

Binns Family said...

I am glad that your are doing well. I wish I could have been there to help out. I think it is a good idae you went home. Having mom around is the best. Hope Meg gets better too.

Emily said...

I suck, I suck, I suck and we need to talk cuz I have to totally catch up on your life like a real friend should.

Sherwoods said...

I am glad everything went well! You are NOT a pansy...I would go home too. Especially if it was free! I hope everything works out and Megan starts feeling better!

chrisnbri said...

Hope everyone is feeling better and recovers soon it always makes me feel better to go home, good decision.Good luck!

Jayci said...

I'm so sorry you have had to go through all that. It sounds like you've got it all under control though. Glad you can go home with Meg easily enough.

I hope you recover quickly and that Megan does too!!