Tuesday, March 17, 2009

This is not the post I intended to write this morning. But after checking out a few blogs and crying over the challenges of some, this is the blog I need to write today.

I am so blessed. I am so lucky. My life is good and full. I have so much to be grateful for and so little to complain about. I tend to forget just how good life is when there are toys and strewn all over our small space, when my toddler wakes up crying in the middle of the night just cause, when I find Pete has eaten the last of the ice cream, when our computer is infected with 26 viruses, when the folded laundry gets unfold for the 3rd time before I can get it put away, when Madie insists its time to eat only an hour after her last meal, when I look in the mirror and see the new wrinkles and the old lovehandles still going strong.

Life is all about perception and perspective. Today I am CHOOSING to see a home where the residents aren't afraid to live and make a little mess, where the toddler knows that even in the middle of the night Mom and Dad will come because they care, where my husband is supporting me in my weightloss goals by getting rid of all the temptations, where we have all the technology we need, where we are blessed to have a washer and dryer and the ability to do our own laundry, where there is a darling healthy chunky baby to cuddle, hold and care for, and where when I look in the mirror I see a daughter of God, made in his image, who gets to experience mortality and look forward to resurrected body.

I will write the post I was going to later. This is the one I needed to write for me.

9 comments:

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

What a great post, Aimee. Adam and I were just talking about needing to see the positive light more, and this was a great example. Thank you.

Krista said...

This. Was a fabulous post. Thank you so much for writing this one rather than the one you planned on.

Newman Family said...

I can totally relate. Thanks for the great spin on things!

Ashlie said...

Thanks for the reminder! You're awesome. Luv ya.

Ben and Janelle said...

That was a good post. I liked how you turned all those negative things into positives (esp. the ice cream one). :)
~Janelle Belk (Dunbar) from Chino
benandjanelle.blogspot.com

dixonfamily said...

YOu're awesome for sure!! I admire you so much and am so grateful that I get to have you for a sister! Love your positive post! Love you!

Anna said...

Thanks for the blessing "reality check." We all have so much to be grateful for, and need to acknowledge the source of our blessings more often.

Emily said...

Oh, I can't wait for that resurrected body!

Heather said...

Thank you Amiee, I needed to hear that too. There are always so many things to be grateful for even when life seems to hard to bare.