Saturday, February 28, 2009

Pete is enjoying his Hawaiian Vacation(or work trip) and I am enjoying my sleepless nights with my two little princesses. Seriously, we are having a grand time, but I could use a about a 36 hour nap. Last night Megan had such a hard night she ended up in bed with me...and I ended up sleeping across the bottom of the bed, without a pillow, because she was turned sideways and I couldn't handle the kicking and she had ALL the pillows. Needless to say when the alarm went off this morning I did not get up to exercise.

Wednesday late afternoon Madie woke up with pink eye, so I took her to the urgent care, because it is almost impossible to get into our Pedi on base the same day or even sometimes within two days(grrrr) and I didn't want to wait. Her eye was pretty swollen. They gave me erythromicin eye ointment and seriously by yesterday it looked 98% better. So far Meg and I are pink eye free...I hope it lasts.

While we were at the urgent care they weighed the little chunky monkey and she weighed 16 lbs 12 oz with her clothes on. I knew she was heavy, but come on...Meg didn't hit 16lbs until she was almost 6 months...and I thought she was a nice chunky girl...Madie is a sumo wrestler in comparison. I just don't understand how she can be gaining like this, and I am eating 1700 (very healthy) calories or less everyday, and I am still not really loosing weight. Oh well. Maybe when I wean her in a couple months, the weight will just fall off! I can hope right?

10 comments:

Jake and Rachelle said...

It always takes me a while to lose the weight. Don't worry, I'm sure you look great! I think we need to plan a Disney vacation and see you guys sometime :) I hope she feels better soon and starts sleeping!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Oh my goodness. Drew was 16 pounds last month at 9 months! Crazy. Just wait until she starts crawling and running around. She's adorable.

I really hope you get some sleep soon. Abby has taken to sleeping in our bed in the morning and it's soooo much fun. Good luck!

Jeff and Elise said...

I have such respect for military wives... there is no way I could do it! I don't know what it is about having that second baby, but the weight isn't falling off for me like it did the first time either :) It's fun keeping up with your blog, your girls are very cute!

Sherwoods said...

Busy, busy, hope you get that needed sleep soon!

Binns Family said...

Sounds really fun! I hope the girls start to sleep better for you.

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

Call me if you are up tonight. I too need to catch up on about 36 hours!! But I doubt tonight will be the night. Can you believe the two of them have slept 4 out the last 24 hours. I need Jake's iron fist or rather his booming "go to bed" voice. Here's to heading home!! Tell Pete he better bring a really big pineapple.

Anna said...

Can I teach her to do the Truffle-shuffle? j/k. I can't wait to squeeze those chunky rolls and thighs. She's soooo cute! Sorry about your rough night and medical adventures...As Peter relaxes in Hawaii, drinking pina coladas on the beach.

dixonfamily said...

Love all the pics of your cute girls!! Seriously, I didn't even hold Madie when I saw you last so as not to spread our germs, but the next time we're together I'm going to cuddle with miss chubb!! TWo more days and Pete should be back with his airplane full of pineapples for you!! good luck until then. Love you!

Adventures in Petersonland said...

what a cute chubbers!
and you know what totally helped me lose weight after trying for 18+ months after i had brynn? i got a heart rate monitor (polar brand is awesome)and kept track of my heart rate and how many calories i burned. seriously, best thing i have ever bought.
also, jillian michaels "30 day shred" dvd helped a ton too. i wish i looked like her!

Janika said...

Breast Feeding is actually the only time that it is possible to loose fat cells (increased fatty tissue comes from shrinking and swelling cells). It is the best opportunity to lose weight.