Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Time flys...and so does Pete!

Can you say Budda Belly?

The Monkey suit is size 6-12 months. It already fits Madie.
Megan in her Cinderella dress from Delora and Grady!

Saturday, Pete took Megan to her first Daddy Daughter Dinner and Dance. It was hosted on base. I don't know who was more excited Megan or Pete, but they had a good time. Here are pictures of the two of them all dressed up!

Lately we have been having some issues when it is time to pray with Megan...When it is her turn she talks so quietly you can hardly hear her, and when its anyone elses turn she talks loudly through the prayer and so you can't hear them. So the other night she had started to say family prayers..."Heavenly Father...mumble mumble.....grateful....mumble mumble...and so I stopped her and said. Meg, can you say it loud enough so daddy and I can hear. So the next thing you know...HEAVENLY FATHER, WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR THIS DAY...etc...all at the top of her lungs. So yeah...who knew two year olds were such literalists.

Madie has had to move up to size 2 diapers. The 1-2's were just too small. This is one big girl. Last night I put a set of 3-6 month pj's on for the first and last time...just too small for our big little girl. She is a little cuddlebug and I am so glad for that. She is also starting to really coo and it is too cute. Madie has her three month check, with shots on Monday ( we were out of town for the two so we are already behind...swell)

Pete is heading off to Hawaii in the next day or so for a 5-6 day trip. Poor Pete. But he did promise to bring me a box of pinapples...I love fresh pinapple.

And I keep plugging away at my resolutions...progress on all fronts is slow but someone wise once said "Progress is not so much a matter of speed, as it is a matter of direction..." or something like that. So atleast I continue to persevere and I have 8 months left on the get in shape one...plenty of time right?

7 comments:

Anna said...

Thank you so much for posting new pictures of the girls. Madie is so cute and looks a lot like Meg did. I LOVE the daddy-daughter-date pictures.

Jake and Rachelle said...

Cute pictures. You have such cute girls. I hope we can see you next time you come out. Please keep us updated on when you plan to come this way. I am also plugging away at resolutions. Hopefully I can get most of them done before our baby comes!

Krista said...

oh i just want to nuzzle into that belly! and WAY TO GO on your resolutions! I'm cheering you on. :)

Ben and Janelle said...

Your little girls are cute. I'm sorry your hubby is gone so much. Must be hard, but you seem to do great! :) ~Janelle Dunbar/Belk

Latter-day Guy said...

The pictures are darling, Daaahhling. I am glad you all got back home okay, and I look forward to your western journey in a few months. :) We will be going out for Vietnamese soup when you get here: pho (pronounced "fuh"). Scrumtralescent.

PS -- You really ought to take a picture of Madilyn in saffron colored robes before she loses the belly. It would be too perfect.

Kristin said...

8 months...amen!

Ashlie said...

The girls are so dang cute! I hope Madie (or her mom) is not offended by my nickname for her...