Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Two going on 13

Pete brought Meg the pink ukulele from Hawaii
What... do I look like I am on a diet?

Madie asleep in the bouncy chair.


You know you have arrived when you have this conversation with your child. The other day Megan was not happy with us about having to sit in her high chair for meal time. So I was trying to get the screaming and crying to stop and in the process I said, "Megan we love you." And she said between wails, "No, you don't love me. YOU don't love me!" My jaw dropped and I just stopped and stared. It was said with all the drama and angst of a 13 year old girl. I thought we wouldn't have this one come up for another 10 or 11 years, but nope, at two she already gets how to really punish her poor mom.
She has been so funny lately. She assigns us all character roles from movies and then calls us by that name all day. Today is a "Matilda" day and I am "Miss Honey", Pete is "Ms Trunchable", Madie is Matilda's friend "Lavender" and of course Meg is Matilda. On other days we are all characters from Madagascar, Pete is Melman the giraffe, I am Marty the Zebra, Meg is Gloria Hippo and Madie is Alex the lion. She woke up on one of these days asking "Where is Melman?" It is pretty funny, but sometimes I forget who I am, and what movie I am in. Meg is happy to remind us.

Madie continues to be a happy and smiley girl, but does have a fussy time in the afternoon, usually between 3:30-5pm. Otherwise she is a darling girl and its nice to have someone else calm around here.




9 comments:

Newman Family said...

How funny. Your Megan sounds like my Ashlynn, two years old with plenty of sass.:)

dixonfamily said...

Oh they are just too cute!! Love your chunky monkey!! I can't wait to squeeze her next month. That Megan is hilarious, but trouble. You better keep an eye on her. I'm so glad your computer is back in business!!

Ashlie said...

Oh boy! Meggy sounds like fun! They're both darling! Love the pictures. I can't decide who Madie reminds me of...

Jake and Rachelle said...

Your girls are so cute. I love the animal names. Kayden is always talking about Gloria and Melman etc. Are you still coming in April?

Heather said...

I love it. She is so two and that is what makes her adorable. Megan is so chubby. I love chubby babies.

Latter-day Guy said...

Adorable pictures (particularly the last one in which Maddie has Technicolor pupils)! And as far as Megan being a drama queen, don't worry. At this rate by the time she's 6 or 7 she'll be ready for college; mission by 12. Good luck! :-)

Sherwoods said...

Love it. The other day, as I was leaving to run to the store by myself, Zach was watching me get in the elevator. I said to him, "I love you Zach." He looked at me and said, "mom, I want you to stay gone for a long time. I don't like you. I like Daddy the best." me: "I love you Zach" and got in the elevator and left. Aren't kids completely joyous some days!

Erika said...

What cute girls! I can't picture little Megan being sassy the last time I saw her she was just a little baby.

Emili said...

Darling girls, I am so glad you are on here, so I can see your little family grow!!