Monday, October 27, 2008

The day the Binky died!!!

Just when you think you have life somewhat figured out, something terrible goes and happens. Our tragic event involves the death of one of the few things that have kept us sane through all our moving, traveling, poor sleeping habits, and parental upheaval...Yes Megan's last Binky kicked the bucket. For those of you who are smart enough to use your average Joe, easily replaceable Binky's, you can't understand the trauma involved. In your head your saying go to Walmart and replace it...Our problem is that our Binky's were ordered for us, by a good friend off some cute website, the nipple is unlike others I have seen in the store. So I tried to solve this dilemma by getting on and ordering a couple new ones...no dice!!! They have been recalled! We are out of luck. So I went to Babies R US and bought a few she could try...we even tried calling one "the Harry Potter Binky as Megan loves all things Harry Potter...not working.

My mother said, "Well now you just have to wean her, I guess." The problem is I don't want to wean her....I need a binky for my happiness and survival,...oops I mean her happiness of course. She isn't napping, or sleeping well, and church has become a noise fest, and the best part of all is we have a little less than a month to get it all settled down before Baby #2 makes her appearance and throws a wrench in the already broken nap and sleep routine. Sure I can't sleep through the night anyway, at this point, but that doesn't mean I want my toddler for company at 4 am. Pete and I are mourning the loss of our greatest parental friend and I am sure we will be for a while. I just am happy to know that all Binky's go to heaven.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

When I broke Noah of his binki, I switched it out for a sippy cup of water to take to bed. He was hesitant until I told him that it was his "big boy" sippy and that was it! I feel you're pain, Aimee. Binkis can be a mother's best friend. I would do what you can to get it under control now though, because when she sees the baby with a binki, things might ugly.

Chelsea said...

If you want I could always send the binky Midget half chewed... think about it!

Ashlie said...

Hey Aim, I am sad to hear about the loss of Megan's binky. I did however find a website that looks like it's still selling them regardless of the recall. So, hopefully I'm not a criminal for giving it to you, lol.

http://tickatoo.com/catalog.php?item=1712