Sunday, October 19, 2008

Home to stay...what a beautiful phrase





We are back from our Utah trip. We enjoyed seeing family and friends and survived all the craziness of Pete's sisters wedding. It was a great day, but a long one and I think Meg handled it better than I did, by the reception I wanted someone to start a morphine drip and find a flat place for me to lay down, but it was a lovely occassion all the same.


So we made it home on Thursday and to prove to ourselves our committment to stay put, we finally bought Megan a crib. Yes, we have finally moved her out her very protable pack 'n' play into a real crib. While I know most of you probably are moving your kids into toddler beds at this point, we are a little slow, so maybe early next year everyone will get another upgrade. Meg keeps calling her new bed, her "Jesus Bed."(Shrug) I don't know if this is because it is now against the wall where her picture of Christ and the children hangs or what but for some reason she has made this association and it will probably last a while. The first time she got in it, she kept jumping up and down in it while repeating "No jumping on the bed"...oh the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.


I am officially 35 weeks today and while I still have a ton to do, I am almost ready to mentally check out of this whole pregnancy thing. It is to the point where you can't sit, you can't stand, and you can't lay down because it is all so darned UNCOMFORTABLE!!!! I see the CNMidwife on Thursday and hopefully this will encourage me to have the patience to continue to shoot for a VBAC and not just schedule a repeat C-section.


Attatched are some pictures from Europe as we can finally access them. Ignore the poor quality I am a horrible photographer.

5 comments:

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Just from experience, be patient, even though it's so hard. I scheduled my c-section instead of going for the VBAC (of course there were a lot of reasons, but my being uncomfortable was right up there) and I really wish I had been more patient. I'll call you soon, but I really hope you can get more comfortable and that Meg is letting you relax. :) I miss you!

Binns Family said...

I hope you don't have to wait too long for this little one to come. Good luck with the VBAC.

Jake and Rachelle said...

Oh, do try and be patient. I'm so glad I was able to have a VBAC. It was so much better than a c-section. Good luck with everything. We wish you the best!

Holly said...

Good luck with your baby! Do you know if it's a boy or girl? Anyway, hang in there, and I hope everything goes great! Holly

Angie Wycherly said...

You are looking pretty hot for being so far along. Good luck with the VBAC and good luck with more than one child. I'm not sure how everyone does it. Congrats on finally being home.