Thursday, October 2, 2008

We might just survive

Life can be pretty hard when you are 21 months and you've never lived anywhere longer than 4 months. Meg and I are back in Florida waiting for Pete to return (on Saturday) from Germany. Last night we went and had dinner with some friends (Jenn and Travis) who now live in our condo complex and on the way back Meg started getting hysterical and crying, she kept saying over and over "go home, want to go home." I kept telling her we were "home", but I am not sure what that even means to my little world traveler. We have one more trip planned (to Utah on Monday) and then I am staying home until atleast January. This kid needs some structure and stability and she is going to get it...sort of.

Today she was sitting in her high chair during lunch and I was wandering in and out doing chores until I heard her singing "we love Megan, she loves me, we love baby sister, yes siree, she loves us and so you see, we are a happy family." I wanted to cry, I was so happy to hear that she plans to love baby sister.

I have been worrying a little about how Meg was going to handle a new sibling, and in the past few weeks she seems a lot more excited and wants to talk about the baby all the time. Now she says... "Baby out, Doctor, in November." Today we went to my OB appointment and Meg was excited to hear "baby heartbeat" she was not so excited when they took my blood pressure though. Today I am 32 weeks and 5 days, and I am praying that this baby will come at 38 weeks so that she won't be quite so large. So just maybe we will all survive afterall. I sure love my little girls...and their Daddy too!

5 comments:

Jake and Rachelle said...

That is such a sweet song. Hope you are feeling well. Do you have to have another c-section or do you get to try for a VBAC?

Kristin said...

If you are feeling anything like I am (34 1/2 wks.), then I hope you deliver at 38 wks. too. I hope the next 6-8 wks go by quickly for you!

dixonfamily said...

That Meg is just so darn cute!! I love her little voice and her singing! I am so glad that she's getting used to the idea of baby sister coming to stay. I've been working on the photos that we took of her, hopefully you like them. Love you all!!!

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

OHHHH...what a sweet girl. She is the best traveled baby of any kid I know, and I bet she will have the best stories to tell. Glad for you that Pete comes home tomorrow. Let us know how you are when you get a sec. Love ya!

Binns Family said...

Glad you made it back to Florida okay. It was fun talking to you last week.