Wednesday, October 10, 2007

To the future as a soccer mom....

Last night, my brothers, Brett (15) and Adam (17 ) had a soccer game. Meg and I went to cheer them on. While standing on the bleachers yelling encouragement, I realized I'm going to make a horrible soccer mom. If I don't change, I will be the overly competitive, sideline yelling, cooler flingin' , child embarassing, referee threatenin', treat bringing soccer mom that all the other parents roll their eyes at when they approach. Sigh! Thankfully there is still time to change. Megan on the other hand, sat and intently watched the ball go up and down the field, giggling and chattering, occassionally flirting with the other bystanders. Maybe she'll prefer swimming to soccer. I wonder what swim team moms are like....?

5 comments:

Binns Family said...

Aimee...I do have to say that you will be that Soccer mom...no need to change. That is why we love you!

dixonfamily said...

I'm with ya on the soccer mom thing. My kids are going to beg me not to come. Oh well. I'm already uptight about how Keyan colors. It's a problem!

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

Aim,
I would pay good money to see you as a soccer mom...and I agree with the comment above. "That's why we love you!"

Jayci said...

ha ha!! Swim team moms are just as bad, its just the swimmers can't really hear them with all the water sloshing around their heads. You are too funny! I laughed like 15 times reading this post. It sounds like you are having a great time. Keep it up!

Liz Ann said...

Oh man I love the parents like that. That's how everybody in my family is. What's the point of the game if you can't be competitive :-) I don't think it matters what sport it is, as long as your kid is playing you will be jumping and yelling all over the place.