Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice storms, sleep deprivation, and two little monsters.

So much for writing more often, eh? Oh well I am working at my resolutions slowly as not to burn out and quit! ; )

Yesterday afternoon an Ice Storm hit our part of Missouri...there is atleast an inch of ice covering everything outside. Thankfully we are warm and safe inside. We continue to pray that the power doesn't go out...which often occurs with ice storms. School and work are cancelled for today for my brothers and Dad, so we will get to enjoy a little down time together.

Megan and Madie have been playing tag team with their poor mother at night. It seems as soon as Madie finishes her midnight'ish snack and mom slips back to sleep...it's Megans turn to make sure mom knows who's boss. Don't worry...it only took a few nights to figure out who's in charge and I know it's not me!!! I am at the mercy of my two darling monsters.

Megan is such a kick in the pants. She heard me talking to my mom about how it would be fun to go down to Puerto Rico and see Peter's Aunt Flo and Uncle John. The next thing I know she is walking around saying "I want to got to Puerto Rico." I told her to tell Pete that when she talked to him on the phone, so for the next 24 hours she would say "Call Daddy. I want to go to Puerto Rico." When Pete finally called she said "Hi daddy. I want to go to Puerto Rico." He of course thought I had been coaching her...not necessary...she is a two year old who knows what she wants! AND SHE WANTS TO GO TO PUERTO RICO!!!!!

Peter is doing well. We miss him, and can't wait for him to come home. But we are so blessed in that he calls almost everyday and our deployments are more or less voluntary and of short duration.

Madie is not quite as calm as I previously blogged about and appears to have a bit of a temper too. Meg hit her for the first...(and better be the last) time yesterday. But at the rate Madie is growing..(according to my parents scale she is already 13 lbs at 8 weeks) Megan better watch out. It won't be long before Madie can hold her own in a sisterly fight!

9 comments:

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

A tale of two girls. Love it. Wish you could get more sleep though. Stay warm...and if you need any help we're enjoying a balmy 60 degrees. I almost swore. Miss you!

Krista said...

i love hearing about your life and your girls. :) love yoU!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Ah, I hope you get some sleep soon. There must be something in the air because my kids are doing the same thing. Stay warm and get some sleep and... take me to Puerto Rico too. :)

Newman Family said...

Wish I could send you some of the 80 degree weather we had last week. I hear you about the sleep deprivation. Two weeks into motherhood I understood why sleep deprivation is used as a form of torture. Good luck to you!

Latter-day Guy said...

MORE ICE?! Oh, Mother Nature is EEEEVIL. Though, I bet Adam and Brett are loving it!

Anna said...

Megan just wants to get away from all that ice. Smart girl. So did Peter think it was a good idea? Let me know when you go. :)

Janika said...

We got that ice down here too. Sleep whenever you can.

Anna said...

P.S. I am requesting updated pictures of Meg & Madie on your blog. I need to see my cute nieces!!!

Ben and Janelle said...

Hey. It's Janelle Dunbar/Belk! I found your blog on Elise McKaskle/McGee's. I added you to mine. I hope that's okay.