Monday, January 12, 2009

New Years Resolution

So I have decided to post some of my New Year's Resolutions in order to increase my accountability, and therefore hopefully my success.

So here they are in no particular order:
1. Get back in shape...I turn 30 this year and want to be in the best shape of my life by my 30th Birthday. This goal will take a lot of work, but I am committed to it! I won't list how much weight I want to lose, but lets just say it is enough to keep me working hard til I turn 30 in October.

2. Read my Scriptures EVERY day... this goal has alluded me since children came on the scene, but 2009 is the year for greatness.

3. Blog more. I am so impressed with the depth of some of your blog entries...mine are usually just about daily events and vomit, so my goal is to include more of my thoughts and feelings about daily events, not necessarily my thoughts and feeling about vomit because that shouldn't be necessary...who likes vomit?

4. Get more organized...we have 4 people in 980 square feet of space and it is a little tight, but I know it will feel less small and confined if we get organized. I like our place, its just small, so I think if I minimize the "stuff" factor, it will feel bigger.

I think that will keep me busy for the year...don't you??

PS. Peter made it safely to Qatar, and I will write updates on him, as I receive them!!!

6 comments:

dixonfamily said...

I think you can definitely reach those goals!! Good for you. i haven't really even set anything definite and January is half way done. So much for starting the year off right. i'm glad Pete got to the big sandbox safely! Can't wait to see you soon!

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

Way to go Aim. Glad Pete got there safely.

Krista said...

Those are GREAT resolutions! Bring on 30! :) You're lucky you have till October. I only have a month and a half left to get to my "30-goal-weight." Blah. Guess I better get off the computer and go to the gym.

Janika said...

I always got really motivated to do stuff while my husband was away--you know, surprise him. You will do great.

Kate said...

Those sound like really good resolutions. Our home is 1208sq ft with four of us, so I know how it goes. We are continually trying to organize and dejunk. It's hard, but it's kind of fun at the same time. :)

Sherwoods said...

Hey, I need your email address so I can invite you to our blog...amandajsherwood@yahoo.com