Friday, December 5, 2008

Baby Madie is here!!!!


Baby Madilyn Faith Olsen arrived via C-section December 1, 2008 at 11:14 am. She weighed in at 9 lbs and 2 oz. When we arrived at the hospital I was really hoping to keep trying for my VBAC, but the Dr. was very candid saying she didn't feel comfortable letting my pregnancy progress past 41 weeks and I was already three days over that. She said if I was showing some progress she might have been willing to consider letting my pregnancy continue, but that things were not ptrogressing despite the contractions I was having. I am grateful we went a head with the c-section for a few reasons...#1 There was a true knot in the cord, which could have ended badly had Madie thrashed around too much or been able to descend for a vaginal delivery, #2 is size...She is bigger than I thought she would be, though her head is a little smaller than Meg's was, and #3 I don't have to decide about trying next time for a vaginal birth...I can schedule my c-section at 39 weeks! This c-section has been more painful in someways, but now we are home and things are going well. Megan is adjusting well to little sister and sure enjoyed all the extra time with Daddy. Daddy is doing great, although he may be feeling a little outnumbered... My mom is here helping and that has been great!!! Thanks for everyones well wishes and prayers!




19 comments:

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

Great job Aim. Really glad everything went so well.

Laurie said...

congratulations! I'm glad to hear your wait is over and hoping that your recovery goes well too.

Cami said...

Congratulations Amy and Pete! Amy I am glad things went well with the C-section. I hope the recovery gets a little less painful for you. Your girls are beautiful. What a way to start the holiday season.

Jeff and Elise said...

Congrats!!! I can't wait to see more pics...

Jake and Rachelle said...

Congrats! We are happy to hear all is well. Such cute girls!

Sherwoods said...

Congratulations you guys! What a beautiful baby girl! We are glad everything went well.

Lisa said...

Congratulations! Both of your girls are beautiful. I hope your recovery goes quickly.

The Larsen Life said...

Yay! Congratulations!!! You've got your hands full now :) It's the best!!

Kalena and Justin said...

Congratulations on your sweet new little on. She is so cute. Great way to go into christmas.

Jayci said...

Madie - how sweet! Congratulations, you guys. I'm so happy for you.

Binns Family said...

I am glad that you finally had Madie. She may have stayed in there forever. I hope you are feeling well. Enjoy having your mom with you.

Ashlie said...

Congrats again! The pictures of Megan and Madie are darling! I can't wait to meet her, whenever that may be! Hope you're recovering well!

Kathryn said...

Congratulations, Amy! I'm sorry you ended up with another c-section, but I do agree that it's nice to schedule the birth of your child. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Congrats, Aim. I know it didn't come out exactly the way you wanted it, but good work. You're little girl is very lucky. I hope you continue getting better. I wish I could be there with you. :)

Sherwoods said...

Congrats you guys. We are glad everyone is healthy and recovering! we wish you the best!

Holly said...

Congrats! I'm so glad you both are doing well. It's so fun with two. Meg will have a blast with her sister! I love new babies, they're so fresh from heaven. I'm so happy for you guys! Holly

cheeriBABY said...

Congratulations! We are glad everyone is home and well.

Adventures in Petersonland said...

congrats guys! megan looks so proud to be a big sister! hopefully she is adjusting well.
and i hope your incision is healing well! again, congrats and im happy to hear that youre all doing well!

chrisnbri said...

Congratulations! we are so happy for you how fun I bet that's the best Christmas present ever!