Sunday, November 16, 2008

Why am I ditching church....











because I am in PAIN...but no, don't get excited, I am not in labor, just strained a muscle in my neck and can hardly move. I decided to skip church and lay around at home, not moving!!!

Its been a fun week. Pete's Aunt Delora and Uncle Grady, and Miss Monique the bunny came down from South Carolina for a visit. We had a blast. They brought us all presents and took us out for Ethiopian food (Very good). Megan loved Miss Monique too much, and had to be told on numerous occassions not to squeeze the bunny and to be gentle. Miss Monique was a trooper!!! We went to the zoo and Megan played in the fountains until she was soaked, much to the delight and entertainment of half the zoo's visitors. We had a great week with Delora and Grady, and can't wait for them to visit again...and of course bring Miss Monique.

As far a pregnancy goes, I am 39 weeks and 1 day and thus far remaining patient. If anything I don't want to go into labor until my neck feels a little better. Last week the baby was -1 station, and that I was 50% effaced, and fingertip dilated. So while it probably won't happen before my due date...it probably will happen before my scheduled c-section of December 1st!!! My gut feeling is that baby will come on Thanksgiving!!! Yeah for me!!

5 comments:

Binns Family said...

I keep thinking about you and hoping that you deliver soon. I am excited for you. I was in your same spot last year. So, maybe she will come on the 26th, Jack's b-day.

Kalena and Justin said...

She is so cute Amy! I hope that your neck is feeling better soon and that you have a nice smooth delivery. I will hope for a thanksgiving baby for you. Take care!

The Larsen Life said...

Hey!!! Long time no see! Last time I did see you was in orem at church and you were NOT pregnant! cONGRATULAIONS! That's so much fun!! ...and already due! I can't wait to see pics! Do you know what you're having?

Janika said...

What better thing to be thankful for than a brand new baby. It took me forever (and ever and ever, as I remember it) to progress--Contracting, effacing and dialating for 2-4 weeks. Walking was counter productive. My ballet experience taught me to tighten everything up when in the upright position. The only baby out of 5 deliveries that didn't have to be induced or cut out was the one I sat around with and/or did gardening. Good luck.

Krista said...

that is just around the corner! hope you're feeling ok!