Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturday Matinee

So we decided it had been a long time since we had seen a movie and decided to see how Meg would do in the movie theater. Today we went to see Prince Caspian. We tried to get Meg to take a nap this morning(which she normally does) but it was a no go, so we risked it and took an overly tired little girl the movie anyway. She was really good...for a while and the movie was good. I look forward to renting it someday to see all the parts we missed. However, I think she might have made it through a 90 minute movie, just nothing over 2 hours. So it wasn't a disaster, but we did have to spend the last 40 minutes juggling and walking up and down the hall with a little girl who was just done sitting. She loved the horses and Aslan though and the snacks. Peter had Friday off and also has Monday off, so we are enjoying our looooong weekend as a family!

PS I did finally get into a Dr's office and they are going to let me try to VBAC if I want. We will see how I feel about it as we get closer, but it's nice to know there is a chance. Well, I need to get off here, cause Pete is cooking bacon and the smell is making me sick...I love being pregnant!!!

3 comments:

Marie said...

I think she did really well!! I still have little ones that are much older that don't last through movies all of the time. Also, the pic of her below with the scarf on her head is ADORABLE! If you don't have it framed, you should.... :)

Jake and Rachelle said...

Wow! You are brave. I still haven't taken Kayden to a movie. That's great you might be able to have a VBAC. That's what I did with Cohen. It was scarey, but it all worked out. I hope all goes well for you too.

Sherwood family said...

You should ask Brandon about missing the key parts of movies. Yesterday we made it to Horton Hears a Who and Kathleen sat through the entire thing... for the first time ever.