Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A trip to Paris

So we went to Paris last Thursday and I fell in love with a city. I always thought all the qoutes about Paris from movies like Sabrina were a little romancizied and overdone. But I had those same warm fuzzies for the culture capital of Europe.



Of course when I imagined going to Paris I never imagined going with a toddler in tow. But for the most part Meg was a champ. Her favorite part was riding the subway all over the city, mine was the pastries, and the paintings, and the museums, and everything we saw and did. Meg also made some weird association between Paris and Harry Potter and kept asking "Watch Harry Potter?" Maybe it was the train...who knows how this little girls mind works.



We went to the Eiffel Tower, the Arc De Triomphe, the museum d'Orsay, the Louvre, the basilica Sacre Coeur, Notre Dame, and Versailles. It was an incredible trip. I hope to post pictures later.

6 comments:

Sherwoods said...

Oh, I'm jealous! I totally want to go back to Paris. I guess I'll probably have to wait for our 25th anniversary or something! Keep having fun over there!

Jeff and Elise said...

Hey there, it's been a LONG time! I found you through Kathryn's blog... your little girl is a doll!!

Holly said...

Hi Aimee! Your trip brought back memories. I lived in Paris with Schyler for 4 months in 2005, and we went to all the same places! Wasn't it incredible? I am dying to go back, but it's a little costly, so we'll probably have to wait until we're retired or something. Hope you're doing well, and Megan is just adorable! Brooklyn, my little girl, is just a week younger, and I bet that they would have a blast together because Brooklyn a blabber and it seems very smart too. Anyway, talk to you later! Holly Chennault

Thompson family said...

Aimee! Holy cow! I can't believe you're living in Europe. Mike and I want to go there someday! That's awesome! How are you doing? When do you get back to the states? Where are you going to be living? Great to find you!

Jake and Rachelle said...

I can't wait to see pictures! It sounds like you guys are having such a good time.

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

I know you've told me your story, but you'll have to refresh my memory. Yea...I was such a weirdo...still not sure why I wouldn't kiss my husband;)Miss you!
Red