Monday, April 28, 2008

An Announcement....The zoo has moved and will be expanding

So I guess it is time to announce that the Olsen Zoo will be getting a new attraction come November. The Mother elephant (I already feel big) will be giving birth to the hopefully little, but most likely large, baby elephant. So yes for those who didn't know, we are expecting!!!

While gestation for elephants is usually longer...I am on the accelerated program only 9 months...but I am sure it will feel like two years!!! I am very excited but not feeling well and I am just praying that baby #2 will be a better sleeper than Megan was/is and that he or she will be healthy!!!

Pete is hoping for a boy this time, and I would be happy with another little girl, but we will take whatever Heavenly Father gives us and just be grateful we are going to be having two. I have to say that 2nd pregnancies really do go faster than the first one, but still not quite fast enough through the first trimester...Blah!

14 comments:

Sherwoods said...

Congrats you guys!! How exciting to be having a new addition to your family. Such good news. Sorry about the sickness, hopefully you will start to feel better soon!

Kristin said...

I hear you 100% I'm right there with you, babe! Sounds like we're due about the same time too. I have never been as sick with my other babies as I am with this one...and medication isn't really touching it! Blah! Love ya, here's to hoping we both feel lots better really soon!

Erika said...

Congrats! That is so exciting.

Are you still in Michigan? Will you be moving to Florida soon?

Ashlie said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you guys!

Jayci said...

Congratulations!! That is wonderful news! Hope you start feeling better quickly and that your gestation period is not 2 years. ha ha

Jake and Rachelle said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. I hope you start feeling better. Thank goodness we don't have to endure each pregnancy for two years!

Binns Family said...

It was fun to talk to you the other day. Hope your unpacking is going okay & that you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you. By the way Megan is just so adorable.

Latter-day Guy said...

It's a good thing I was never blessed with a uterus, because if there were a little creature living in my guts that made me sick for months, I certainly wouldn't clothe it and feed it. Oh no, it would be total war. Womb napalm. (I've wondered how I could ever work those two words into the same sentence. Life goal 73: check.)

Sherwoods said...

congrats! that is awesome. Here is to healthy fall babies!

Thompson family said...

Congrats Aimee! My 2nd pregnancy was a lot faster than my 1st and 3rd. I'm excited for you guys. What is your little family up to now? I know you are living in Florida...but that's about it. Good luck with the pregnancy. I was really sick with my 3rd and found heaven in Orbit, bubble mint gum. I don't know why but it settled my stomach!

Marie said...

Congrats guys!!! I've been a quiet stalker on your blog and was happy to see the news. I certainly don't envy elephants, my pregnancies always stink and then I go and gain half of my body-weight only to lose a whopping 10 pounds after the birth (of which each baby was either 6-7 lbs of that 10) until I can finally get a chance to work out and start losing. Well, with each child, that getting to work out stage takes longer to get to because you have less time. Enough about me! Congrats and keep us posted. I hope you feel better soon - hopefully it is a boy. From my experience my boy made me sicker than my girls....

chrisnbri said...

Congratulations on the big news hope you are not feeling to unpleasant!take care of your self and your darling little family!

Tim, Crista and Addy said...

CONGRATS! How exciting for you! I want another soon but Tim wants to wait to be out of debt....when does that day ever come? Congrats again!