Saturday, December 1, 2007

Why do little monkeys throw poo?

We have been contemplating poop training Megan for the last month and a half, notice I said poop training and not potty training. Megan 95% of the time will not poop in a wet diaper. She will only poop in a clean daiper, so by 8:15 this morning I have already changed 1 wet diaper and two poopy diapers, the first was made with in three minutes of putting on the first clean dry diaper of the morning. The way I figure this means we are using atleast 30% more diapers than the average person with an almost 1 year old. And there is nothing more frustrating than to change her, and then three minutes later Sniff her and discover she has left you a present. The other factor contributing to my desire to poop train her is that she now thinks it is fascinating to play in her poopy diaper while you are changing her. This isn't such an issue when Peter is here to help, but that's not the norm so there has to be a better way. This morning Meg had to take a bath because she was finger painting in Pooh. Since Meg is obviously aware of her bowels I think I am going to go buy a Poopy chair today and let her sit on it after each wet diaper of the day. I don't plan on making it a pressure thing, but we will just try it and see if she will do it. And see if this will help our little monkey not to play with her pooh any more, save the world's landfills a few more diapers, and our wallets 16-32 cents every day.

7 comments:

chrisnbri said...

Isn't that the way it goes. I think that's a way for them to help us practice up on our diapering skills! also I screwed up and accidently erased my blog and had to start another one so my new address is http://chrisnbriana.blogspot.com.

dixonfamily said...

I am excited to see how the poop training goes. Good luck with that and I hope you start to enjoy using fewer diapers. Since Brynna got potty trained we have made the same box of diapers last for months. It is the greatest to not have to go every 1-2 weeks for a new thing of diapers. It's "wasteful" if to go through them so quickly if you ask me. Ha ha!

Binns Family said...

Let me know how it goes...we still have the same problem, and I would love to solve it.

Sherwoods said...

Good luck. Hope all goes well!

Jayci said...

goodness!! What a mess. :P I hope this chair thing works for you... you are very patient!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Good luck! If she's as smart as her mom she'll figure it out really quick. One thing I've learned is just that it takes a lot of patience. Good luck again.

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Good luck! If she's as smart as her mom she'll figure it out really quick. One thing I've learned is just that it takes a lot of patience. Good luck again.