Monday, December 10, 2007

The end of Hotel living....?

Pete and I filled out an application for an apartment last week, and will be moving in on Thursday....yeah to an apartment!!! It is a nice two bedroom with two bathrooms, two walk in closets in the master, washer, dryer, cathedral ceilings, etc. And the best part is we got a fantastic deal on the price. So our hotel and suitcase living is coming to an end. This is not the end of one of those chapters in life that makes one sentimental. I am so ready to have my own comfortable bed, my own space and honestly for Meg to finally not be in the same room as us!

We move in the day before Meg turns one. Now this makes me sentimental. I am not sure I am ready for my little baby to be a toddler. Even though some days I swear she is turning 2 with all her little tantrums and our attempt at poopy training, I can't believe we've been together for almost a year. I was thinking the other day how miserable I was this time last year...Pregnancy and I don't mesh well, and I can't believe out of all that suffering and swelling came our little darling Megan. On so many levels she is a little miracle and I am so grateful for her.

We went to the Detroit Zoo on Saturday. It was 30 degrees outside, but we had a good time. Meg seemed to really like the butterflys and the seals. Unfortunately it was too cold for some of the animals to be on exhibit and I don't know where they send them all for the winter, but I'd love to be some place a little warmer myself. Pete is going to Gaum in January and we could go, but I's a 17 hour flight from Houston straight to Gaum and I am not sure we could do it. I guess we will see!

6 comments:

Binns Family said...

I am so excited for you!!!

dixonfamily said...

I cannot believe that you guys went to the zoo in 30 degree weather. Crazy! I am glad that you guys had a good time. Megan, the giraffe wants to eat your cheese crackers!! I can't wait for you to move into your apartment. Have a great week and good luck with the move.

Jayci said...

goodness!! 2 things: 1. congratulations on the apartment!! I'm sure that'll be heaven. :) Do you have all your things there? or will it still be in storage? and 2. Guam would be so awesome! I don't know toooo much about it, other than it's Guam and similar to Hawaii? but 17 hours.. that would be exciting though, that's for sure. ;) So many fun things; I wonder where they put those animals too.

Erika said...

Yea, for your own room! That will be so nice. Hopefully, you can start getting some quality sleep!

Tim, Crista and Addy said...

Oh my heavens...first of all, Europe, I'm jealous! We spent time in Italy and I loved it. Second, yeah for an apartment! Third, poopy training...I'm cracking up and thinking of how my little Adilyn is going to be with that. Good luck!! We're at Altus and going to SLC for Christmas. Happy Holidays!

Emily said...

So I hope you know that you're only two hours away from Nate's family and so we MUST, MUST, MUST get together!! We'll meet there sometime, unless you want to drive four hours to stay at my house, which you're more than welcome to...we have an extra beeedd!