Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Spending the day with Maddox!

Today I spent the day with my miracle nephew, Maddox. (While his family went to Disney World.) My sister is my hero. He is a darling, but wanted to be held most of the day, and between meds, G-tube feeds, dealing with constipation, and breathing treatments...I actually stayed in my PJ's until 6pm and my living room is strewn with the wreckage of the day. She is a warrior mom! I will continue to attempt to live up to her amazing example. But not until I get a nap and a chance to shower.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I agree she's amazing. and so lucky to have a nurse for a sister that she knows she can trust your precious little boy with. Your an angel Aim's. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Chelle said...

What does your nephew have? And that is so nice of you to watch him so they could enjoy some time together. Way to go!

Anna said...

Alyssa really is an amazing mother! I don't know how she manages her taxing schedule with such composure. She truly deserves a medal of honor, giant shiny trophy, and huge gold star!

dixonfamily said...

Aww, thanks Aim!! Believe me, we really don't get a whole lot accomplished during the day. I've just learned to lower my expectations.
You are the best!! Thanks so much for having our family of 6 over to your house and dealing with all of us being sick, and watching mad so we could go to Disney. You have been a tremendous support the past year and have done so much to ease our burdens at great personal sacrifice. I couldn't be more grateful to have you for a sister. I love you!