Monday, February 1, 2010

Recommitted to the blog

I suppose my hiatus from blogging needs to come to an end, and why not today, February 1st, it is as good as any other day...maybe better than some. So I declare today the reinstatement of my desire to blog, or at least try so that I have some record, however incomplete, of our crazy life.

Peter returned from Qatar on January 3. We had a wonderful reunion in a very cold hanger where we waited for several hours. Megan held a sign that said "Welcome Home Daddy". Three days later Madie came down with croup...A pretty good case that necessitated a steroid injection and an albuterol inhaler every 4 hours. Despite our plans to go to Utah to visit Pete's family...we all ended up too sick to travel.

During the time Pete had off, we also made a major purchase of a new minivan. Despite our best efforts to find a SUV that more than two car seats would be convenient in, nothing beat the ease and convenience of the minivan.( This is in no way an announcement, we are not adding to our family anytime soon, just need a new car). So we are now the proud...okay we are now owners of a very nice minivan.

(Like most of my endeavors...this one got delayed, but really what's the difference between the 1st and the 3rd? )

6 comments:

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Yay, you're alive. :) Just kidding. I'm sorry to hear that you guys were sick. Not fun. Is everyone doing better? So, hey, what kind of minivan did you get. We are going to be in the market in just a few months when we have to say goodbye to the beautiful metro system. Miss you!

Binns Family said...

Glad Pete made it home okay. I am a little jealous of your minivan. I wish we had gotten one. Now all 3kiddos are smashed in the second row of the traverse.

Ashlie said...

Woohoo! Good job you blogged again. I want pictures of your new van!

Jake and Rachelle said...

Good to have you back! Hope you are feeling better. That sure stinks you all were sick! What kind of minivan did you get?

Joe said...

Minivans rock! I remember being against them, but Melissa won me over when she found a deal that we just couldn't refuse. Once you own one, you realize that it's all comfort and no hassle. It doesn't get any better than that ... so says this dude. ;-)

Newman Family said...

Your'e back! Mini-van? I drive one, too. Not fashionable- but oh so convenient with kids! Have fun!