Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday...




Today has been a very low key day. The girls and I have enjoyed our day together. (Pete is on a short trip). We decided today just to stick close to home. After our fun trip to Target yesterday that ended with pooh running down Madie's left leg while I tried to get her and Megan out of the car and up a flight of stairs without making a mess; a day at home seemed brilliant.

We started our day with waffles, covered with blueberries, strawberries, and whipped cream. Yummy. Unfortunaley that was just after 6 am. But today we all took naps. We watched Dora. We played with Megs princess dolls. Listened to music. Read stories. Cuddled. Looked at homes for sale online, and we did watch "Stranger than Fiction." Meg and I love that movie. She loves to talk about Harold Crick and his wristwatch. (I edit it for her. It is PG-13 after all) Tonight I taught Megan to play Jenga. She was surprisingly good. Madie practiced sitting and not reaching for the tower of Jenga blocks.

And today I decided to do nothing that didn't absolutley have to be done. I ignored the pile of laundry, I closed my eyes when I went into the bathroom I should have cleaned. I pretended the vaccum was broken and I enjoyed the under 36 inches population that seem to get the shaft when mom is trying to hard to get "stuff" done. Productivity ZERO, but I wish all Saturdays could be this fun and lazy.

7 comments:

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Sounds like a great day. :) Hopefully Pete can be there soon to enjoy it with ya'll. (Like that... yeah, I'm in Texas.)

dixonfamily said...

What a great day!! I want some waffles. Maybe I'll make some today. I love the pics of your girls, especially the one of meg playing with madie's ear. Glad you are surviving without Pete.

Jayci said...

perfect, lazy day!! i wish more days could be like that too. :P Bet your girls LOVED it!

Anna said...

You deserve a lazy day every now and again. I bet the girls loved all the attention and fun with mom! Those are the memories that they will remember...not the spotless house and folded laundry.

Binns Family said...

I need some days like that! The girls are so cute! They look like they get along well.

Janika said...

Did Tigger come with the Pooh at Target? I was thinking about Jenga yesterday as I was teaching my babies how to stack blocks. I have not played with them enough. There may not be much to show for lazy play days, but they are remembered better than a clean house and folded laundry. But since my babies are asleep, I should probably do that.

Adventures in Petersonland said...

(weird! your friend jayci reader is in my ward here in eagle river!)
your girls are getting so big!
and sorry about your poo incident at target...thats never fun.
hope pete gets back to you soon! you're so strong.