Sunday, June 8, 2008

We survived our trip across the ocean!!


Well, we made it! Whew.....Meg was actually very pleasant. However, the first night here as Mom and Dad were trying to get over jetlag Meg spent the night throwing up. Yeah fun for Mom! The housing situation is a little irritating. The people in charge are telling us that we will have to move rooms every 3 days since summer is the big miitary moving season. It has also been cold for us newly acclimitized Floridians...I guess less than a month ago they had an ice storm here. We didn't really pack for winter, so we will be making some wardrobe adjustments if it doesn't warm up soon.


Everything else is great. The countryside is beautiful. We are in the perfect spot for traveling. Paris is 3 hours, Amsterdam is 4, and today we went down to explore Luxemburg. It's onlyabout 30 min's away. We went to the ward today and it seems like it will be great, everyone was very nice and friendly and Meg stayed in Nursery alone for the last hour...yeah! Luxemburg was cool, the little we saw and I did take a few pictures...mostly of Meg trying to crawl into all the fountains and picking flowers. But Luxemburg is close enough that we take several short trips to see all the cool sites on days that Pete doesn't have to work a full day or has 4 or 5 hours available.

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

Glad Meg was good for the flight and sorry she was sick the following night. At least it wasn't on the plane. What a neat time for you guys to be in Europe and see so many things. I hope you don't have to move every three days.

Binns Family said...

I am glad to hear that your trip to Germany was a success. Hopefully it will warm up so you can enjoy exploring the area. Good luck with the moving issues...hopefully it works out so you don't have to move all the time.

Latter-day Guy said...

Glad you made it and are all alright. Have a wonderful time, but be back in time to vote in November.

Jake and Rachelle said...

I can't wait to see more pictures. I hope you guys are having fun! When do you find out what you are having?

Tyler and Melissa said...

It was so good to hear from you. Your family is so cute! It sounds like you have been moving a ton lately and I hope you really don't have to move every three days. So how old is Meg? The last time I talked to you, you were just about to have her!
I need to update my blog since I have not posted since Valentines :) You can also email me at melissarappleye@yahoo.com

Jayci said...

sorry she was sick... but glad you got there safe! Keep enjoying your trip!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

I know the whole situation has been frustrating for you, but can I tell you how jealous I am! :) Europe at this time of year is gorgeous... at least it was a little north of where you are. I can't wait to see all of your pictures. Good luck with the housing situation.