Saturday, March 29, 2008

New Shoes...while the cats away the mice will spend his money


So Pete is in Florida for the weekend (working of course) and Megan and I went to the mall. And while at the mall we bought shoes...we bought three pairs of size 4 shoes for Megan. I have never been a shoe girl. I wear my shoes til they are barely recognizable because I hate to shop for them and I HATE to break a new pair in. I like flip flops better than shoes, but I only have two pairs of those and my favorite pair is over 5 years old and sadly will probably have to be replaced this summer as they will probably disintegrate before my very eyes. But I love those flip flops. I agree that three pairs of shoes in one day might very well seem like overkill (if they were for me it would seem crazy). But Meg actually likes shoes, needed shoes, and they were reasonably priced. So now we merely get to justify our possibly excessive purchases to the bread winner. Of course, we have to do something to entertain ourselves while he is out of town, right!!!

8 comments:

Binns Family said...

Very cute. And before you know it you will be back at the mall for a size 5. We have to do a little shoe shopping ourselves this week...Brad has been screaming the past few days when I put his shoes on.

Ashlie said...

Cute shoes! It looks like you guys had fun!

dixonfamily said...

Super cute shoes for a super cute girl! I am glad that you got out of the house, and seriously, what else are you supposed to do while your hubby's gone?!

Jayci said...

Right! :o) they're very cute. good luck with finding the perfect flip-flops this year!

Jake and Rachelle said...

Those shoes are way cute.

cheeriBABY said...

Oh Lybbi and I are totally shoe girls. Looks like you found some very cute ones.

Ashlie said...

Um...I think this video is what Meg's future looks like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKZiXmy9jTs&NR=1

Tim, Crista and Addy said...

Wow, she is getting so big! Addy will be 1 on the 16th and I've been thinking about everything so I thought of you and all your advice and coming to see us at the hospital. Thank you for that! Wish our girlies could grow up together.

I, too, bought Adilyn 3 pair of size 4's this week. Dad is at Survival and SERE so we are spending his $$ too!!!! Take care!